Saturday, June 06, 2009

What to do today?

I'm not scheduled to work today but I probably should. I'm way behind because of the new accounts, etc. This kind of thing reminds me why I ventured out last fall to try an hourly paid job ... I might need to spend a few minutes meditating on why I quit.

OM. No flexibility. BREATHE DEEPLY. Time away from the family (which sometimes is a good thing!) OM. Not getting things done around here. RELAX. Public bathrooms. OM. The uncomfortable desk/chair combo. The aching arms and shoulders. DEEP SLOW BREATH. Having to type EVERY. SINGLE. WORD. Horribly inefficient spell check. AAAH.

Okay, I'm better now. I really do prefer working at home and this is just a temporary setback. I'm also thinking about writing a book about how to do medical transcription for some kind of internet self-publishing site and possibly teaching some classes or tutoring in MT.

I had all these plans to work on painting the kitchen and get the house in order this summer, but it seems like I'm going to have to focus most of my time on earning my paycheck.

3 comments:

:)De said...

Hey P,

You talked about a writing program that your kids used where they had to write a story... I can't remember what it was called.

Peace,
:)De

Fatcat said...

We've been using one this year called Learning to Write the Novel Way.

I think maybe that's the one you mean. We haven't finished our novels, we just kind of quit on it.

Maybe I should make them write a little this summer?

:)De said...

thx... that's the one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails