Thursday, February 13, 2014

Movies and other things.

I've been trying to figure out what to blog about all day.  I am cleaning and screening a little, a technique where I clean a little bit then watch a little bit of TV.  It makes the cleaning seem not so bad.  Today,  I'm watching an episode of The Closer, which I really enjoy.  Speaking of watching things, last night we watched Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters.  We've read the books, so the glaring inconsistencies in the movie stand out.  Still, it was pretty good.  Some of the casting was great.  I enjoyed seeing Nathan Fillion as Hermes and the casting of Stanley Tucci (yes I had to look up his name) as Mr. D was genius.  He was perfect.  We enjoyed the movie for the most part.  I really wish movies could stay more like the books, but they just don't.  At least this time they kept the quest the same, which my children report they did not the last time.  Percy in the series is supposed to be 12 in the first book and they cast someone who looks about 16 or so.  My son said "He's going to be 35 before the prophecy comes true!"  I would like to go see the new Lego movie.  We may have to do that pretty soon.

In other news, I don't know if I have mentioned this, but I have been taking Dr. Christopher's Complete Tissue and Bone at the recommendation of another blogger and it has help immensely with my joint pain.  I am completely able to straighten out my left arm.   I do still have some pain, but I think it is about 80% better.  Maybe 90%.  It's awesome.  I was just Facebook messaging my oldest son and told him that I can walk pretty much like a normal person now.  :-)  Speaking of the oldest, he did not get in the southern snow storm and he finally got a workstudy job and it was exactly the one he wanted as one of his favorite professor's assistant.  I'm happy for him.  It's only 10 hours a week at minimum wage, but hey, that will take care of his Taco Bell expenditures   :-P  and give him a little spending money.  He's been very good about not spending excessive money and keeping his finances in control now that he's in charge of them and I am very proud of him for that.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails