Friday, February 07, 2014

Working and schooling on Friday.

That's what we are doing.  I was able to go to the hospital last night and hold the babies.  They really needed me last night and it was kind of crazy busy.  I didn't spend any time stocking supplies, waiting around or taking any kind of a break.  I was holding babies the whole time.  That's the way I like it  because holding the babies is the best part.   It was fun and I wish I could go back tonight.  Tonight though, I will go see my mom and see how she is doing.  I haven't seen her since Tuesday when we were at the pain clinic.    I have gotten some phone reports.  She has seen her nurse practitioner who comes there to the house to examine all the residents once a month.  That's pretty cool.  I feel so much better about the care that mom is getting where she is now than where she was last month.  I wish we'd went there first, but the time did not work out for us very well and we just didn't know.  My brother actually said he would have liked to move mom there a couple of years ago so she would have understood more of what was going on and maybe coped with it better, also we would have never had to get involved with the caregiver we hired.  She could have stayed an acquaintance.  That would have been nice.  But hindsight is 20/20.  We did the best we could with the information that we had at the time and coped with everything as best we could.  Best you can do. 

Mom's house this fall. :-(
Anyway, we're eating hamburgers and french fries and banana bread for dinner tonight and I wonder why I don't make banana bread every single day and have it for breakfast because it is just. so. good.  Yum.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails