Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Another funny moment.

Okay, so the kids and I have been stuck in the house most of the winter.  It snowed at lot and my vehicle is 4 wheel drive, so 4 days a week, from 4 in the morning until 5:30 in the evening, we've been home without a car.  Then last weekend, my car broke down.  The transmission went out.  We had to borrow my mother-in-law's car and because our driveway still looked pretty much like this
Monday, when I took my mother-in-law's car to town to buy a few groceries and get my prescription filled, we had to park it at the bottom of the driveway and walk up. 

On the way home from town, we had been talking about an article in this month's Family Fun magazine (I got a free subscription last year) about these 'time travel' vacations, where you pretend it is, for example, the 1600s and you live in an authentic house for a weekend, take care of animals, cook rustically and all that.  I was saying that it sounded like a lot of fun and I would sure like to do it.  Then we arrived at the bottom our this driveway (it's a hill and has a curve and is pretty long)  at 8:00 p.m. at night and had to walk up it, over ice and snow and slush, carrying groceries, in the dark with no flashlight.  At that point, I decided that going back into the past and having to walk long distances in the dark was not a fun idea for a vacation!  The kids laughed at me.  :-P

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails