Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Book stuff.

.Parental Book Reviews  This doesn't seem to have all of the book reviews we need, but it has quite a few and I find the reviews helpful. The volume of books that we go through around here can be crazy at times.  My youngest has lost 2 Hank The Cowdog audio books and they are valued at the library at 19.99 each, so 40.00 worth of books he's lost.  I just paid to replace a book a couple of months ago, but I don't want to buy these two.  Consequently, I took pretty much all of the books that we had checked out back to the library today and today he's trying to cope without his usual huge selection of audio books.  He's listening to some audiobook that we had previously purchased or downloaded from the library, I'm not sure what it is, but I know we don't actually have very many and he can go through 5 or 6 audio books a week, so I'm not sure what he's going to do.  I looked into getting him an audible subscription but the most books you can get there is 2 per month.  Silly people.  Do they think that is enough books?  Apparently they do.  We are better off sticking with the library downloads (although they don't have as wide a selection as he'd like) and free audiobook downloads like Books Should Be Free.  Hey, maybe he'll expand his classical books exposure with this library ban.  Or maybe he'll get desperate and FIND THOSE BOOKS. 

Sigh.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails