Sunday, November 07, 2010

Grounded!

I have been grounded.  Didn't that term originally apply to pilots who were not allowed to fly for some reason?  Well, in its infinite wisdom, the Commonwealth of Kentucky has grounded me, in other words, they suspended my driver's license because of a "glitch" in their computer system.  I got a speeding ticket in August for going 45 in a 35 mile zone where most drivers go about 60, but I digress.  In September I completed an on-line version of traffic school.  At the end of the course my status on the on-line sign in page was changed to "complete" so, silly me, I thought I was done.  Then I got a letter yesterday saying that I had never enrolled in traffic school at all and that my license was suspended effective October 31.  So basically, I've been driving without a license for a week.  Anyway, I looked up my status on the on-line school and it said "complete" and showed that I had paid for it.  My credit card was not denied.  I was stumped, so I called the toll free number and the man on the other end said that I must not have passed the test at the end.  Then he said that I had gotten 90% and that I only needed 80% and it must be a "glitch". Then he said he was going to transfer my call to the instructor and I would have to answer a few more questions.  While on hold, I'm hoping I remember the traffic laws in case its more test questions he's going to ask, but no, he asked my birth date and my address then told me that he'd electronically send something to the driver's licensing board (the school is based in another state) and then it would be up to the licensing board to see when I would get my license back.  So what it all boils down to is the school web site had some kind of problem and the state didn't send me any kind of warning, just suspended me.  I hope  it is straightened out soon. 

Does anyone else remember me kind of whining the other day about how I feel sometimes like I live in my van? 

Irony?

3 comments:

:)De said...

Interesting. Hope that all works out for you.

Peace

Freakmom said...

Hope you are legal again soon! It sounds nice to not be able to drive anywhere, but I know that won't actually pan out for a busy mom.

Junosmom said...

I've taken that class twice :-) and there was no test. I think I'd be calling them once an hour to ask for an update - just to motivate them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails