Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday.

I've got to work today. My chair has arrived, but I'm not sure if I can put it together and my husband is sleeping so I'm not sure if I'll get to use it tonight. I can't do laundry because our laundry room is still a construction zone because of the hot water heater repairs still going on. It's in a temporarily fixed condition right now, until next weekend when my husband can work on it again, so I can take a shower but I have no idea what I'm going to wear. I also have no idea what I'm going to take to eat because we don't have any bread for sandwiches. I'm getting my morning list done and then I'd better get to work on assembling my chair, finding something to wear and finding something to eat. I don't want to have to visit the vending machines.

Update:
After I typed the first part of this post, my daughter found a loaf of bread. I don't know if my husband brought it home or if my teen had it stashed in his room, but whatever, I'll have a nice sandwich for work. There's a microwave and fridge there, so I could cook something, but I want something simple and quick so I can go out and walk since that worked so well for me the other day. Also, my wonderful kids are assembling my chair. They begged to do it and they seem to be doing a good job. They have enough experience helping their Dad do things I guess. Anyway, it looks like I'll be heading off to work in reasonably good shape. I hope it goes well today. The kids will be on their own for a while today while their nocturnal dad gets some sleep, (not home alone, just doing their lists on their own and hopefully, quietly.)

I hope you've enjoyed this little glimpse into the logistics of a dual income homeschooling home. Homeschooling with both parents working can be done, but some days are more difficult than others. It is definitely worth the effort to have them home. There is no question in my mind about that. I am going to switch my work days to the weekend and cut this midweek one out because it seems to be the most difficult one to manage. Wish me luck today that my chair is comfortable. It felt good in the store, but that's not a real test. Tonight's 7 hours will be the real test.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails