Saturday, November 08, 2008

A day off.

I'm off today, my first Saturday off in a long time. Probably my last Saturday off in a long time too as I've signed up to work Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at my new job. I'll make a bit more money on Saturdays with the weekend differential pay and I honestly don't mind. As for the pain of sitting there, I did better yesterday. I took a gel wrist rest that my husband had that is attached to a little platform and I was able to shove the little platform part underneath the keyboard and use it, so that worked. I also took my daughter's little gel back support pillow and that helped my back and shoulders, although after sitting there for 4 hours, I was stiff and very tired. I'm getting the hang of the crazy computer system at least enough to do a little transcription. I've still got a lot of studying to do. One of the hospital's independent contractors came in yesterday on her own time to explain some of it to me and helped me a LOT, bless her heart. I'm also going to search the internet for tips. I've found something on a MT discussion group that said that the word expander I use at home is compatible with the system they have at the hospital so I am going to try and get my supervisor to let me try it. I think I might be able to cope with it.

Hopefully, once I get settled, I'll be able to think about homeschooling again. I haven't spared it much thought this week at all. My husband did school with the kids 3 days this week and the other 2 days we took off. I did look at our attendance records yesterday and it looks like we are on target to get about 90 days done by Christmas, which is half of the days we need this year and it sounds good to be halfway done at Christmas. We never did find any protozoa in our protozoa sample thing so we may have to try again. My husband and kids cleaned all our "science experiments" out of the fridge this week so we can't look at those ... :-) We'll find something to look at and get back into our studies, maybe Tuesday? I'm going to have to re-write their schedules (AGAIN!) to reflect the days I work so they can do more independent work on the days I'm gone and more together work on the days I'm here. I wish I didn't have to work a job and could just homeschool, but that's not possible.

1 comment:

A Bishops Wife said...

You sound like me.

I start my new job Monday and I wish I could spend all my time home schooling. I tend to be more creative where he is more for doing book and paper work.

I am just thankful I have a job when so many are out of work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails