Friday, November 14, 2008

It's Friday.

I've got to work today. Since I missed a couple of hours for the funeral the other day, I have 9 more hours to get in this week and so I'm dividing it between 2 days and doing 4 1/2 today and 4 1/2 tomorrow. I guess. I can't say I have ANY enthusiasm for it at all. Also, my boss told me Wednesday that I'm the one who has to work Thanksgiving. Fortunately, the office closes on Christmas so at least I won't have to work that day. All of this plus the fact that at the interview they told me I'd be at the top of the pay range and then at orientation, I found out that I wasn't at the top, but more towards the bottom of the pay range for transcription, has made my old job seem better and better. I'm trying to remember why I applied for this job in the first place, lack of work on some days, lots of weekend work, self-discipline issues ... they all seem kind of trivial now.

I guess we'll get school done before I go. This job thing has been all I can think about lately, although we did do some school this week, it wasn't up to par. I did get my oldest to take a practice test for CLEP yesterday. He needs to study some more for that one but it's good to know before he goes into it. I'm going to print out some lesson plans from this site. Clep Prep and see if we can't get him better prepared to do the next one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time with your decision and the job. It sure doesn't help when what they promised isn't there. Can you get your old job back??? I wish I could help you, but I can add you to my prayer list!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails