Saturday, November 29, 2008

Post-Thanksgiving, and thinking about Christmas.

Our 2 Thanksgiving celebrations were nice. We enjoyed good food and good company. I got to hold my beautiful new niece and get her to sleep. I know I keep saying she's beautiful, but I am totally not exaggerating. She is. I had to work Thanksgiving, but my boss let me split the shift and work in the morning, then go have lunch and then come back in the afternoon. It worked out well for the hospital too, because I typed all the priority work in the morning that there was, and then left and when I came back there was more priority work and I got that done too. I've found that I really don't mind work as much on the weekends and holidays when it is quiet in there. I don't like it when everyone's around. I guess I've been at home too long. I am absolutely not interested in getting involved in office politics or office gossip. I just want to get it done and come home.

I'm finally trying to get started on Christmas shopping. I ventured out yesterday on Black Friday for just a little while. I went to the local Wal-mart in the late afternoon to see if they still had any of the $10.00 trivial pursuit games for a gift I need by Monday, but they didn't so I got something else. While I was gone, the kids got started on putting the tree up and decorating for Christmas. I tried listening to Christmas music in the van to try and put me in the spirit, but it's not there yet. No excitement. I may be able to be happy about the season once I get the monumental list knocked down some, but right now, it just seems like one more thing I need to do.

All of the kids lists contain a bunch of video games and to me, buying those things is just a chore. I'd rather buy them art supplies and cool toys and things like that, but that's not what they've asked for, for the most part. I do get to help my Mom and Dad with their shopping and I think Mom and Dad will be doing their shopping at Rainbow Resource this year because we got their Christmas catalog and it has tons of cool things in it. I was just reading a blog a few minutes ago that said that Christmas is a great opportunity for parents to buy things that will encourage our children's gifts and talents and I think that's true. All of my kids are artistic so I may get Grandma and Granddaddy to get them a bunch of art supplies this year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails