Sunday, November 16, 2008

Trying to adjust.


I need to stay at my new job and give it a chance. My old job has already hired someone to replace me (Yes, I checked!) and so I need to focus on the good things about my job and try and get used to it. It's not horrible. The main bad thing is that chair and so I'm going to either bring my old one from home or get a new one. I need to do that today before my long shift tomorrow. I found out yesterday that we have access to a coffee pot, fridge and microwave so I can bring lunches. There's a walking track so when the weather is good, I can go outside and walk. There are paid days off, health insurance, life insurance and retirement benefits, even though it's only part time. I'm going to try and stop whining about it now.

At home, we're working on replacing the water heater and the subfloor underneath the water heater where the old water heater leaked, which also involves a thorough clean and sort of our laundry/mud/storage room. Lots of fun for the whole family.

I'm also going to work on writing new schedules to reflect my new work situation, so that we can do things together on the days I'm off and on the days I work, they can do their independent work. I've been planning to do it for days and putting it off, but today I really need to do it since we really need to start it tomorrow.

2 comments:

A Bishops Wife said...

I do not like this "new job" adjustment I am making either.

Why can't we just be independently wealthy and just work as a hobby or something to do in our spare time. LOL!

I am going through it too and it is rough.

Amy said...

Will be praying for you & this adjustment period. Sounds like you have a good attitude though....looking for the positive aspects. Hang in there!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails