Thursday, November 20, 2008

It worked.

The chair worked to help my back feel better! Yay! I was not in pain when I came home for the first time. Now that I've settled in somewhat I am kind of appreciating the separation of work and home. I've started reading Knit Together by Debbie Macomber and in it, she's talking about how she was writing at home and couldn't wait until her writing could help fund an office so she could separate her work life and and her home life. It's interesting to hear about someone else who felt the same way I did. I still don't enjoy the job exactly, but it is getting better.

Today, we'll be working on homeschooling, doing Learning to write the Novel Way, Learning English though Art and our 2 science curriculums (curricula?). Our geography study has went by the wayside lately. I haven't wanted to do it. I may make myself do it today or I may officially postpone it until after the holidays. I haven't decided yet. It's nice to just be able to devote most of the day to homeschooling, instead of having to work too.

Now I want to share something I thought was amusing last night. My daughter and I were having one of those conversations where she says "What are you going to get me for Christmas?" and I answer all kinds of crazy things. I don't know why she enjoys this, but she does. So it goes like this.

What are you going to get me for Christmas?
Pork chops.

What are you going to get me for Christmas?
Socks.

What are you going to get me for Christmas?
Toothpicks.

At which point my youngest son interupted and said "Hey, if you get toothpicks for Christmas, can I have them?" He was totally serious. He'd love to have a box of toothpicks to play with. LoL.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Glad to hear you got your chair & that it helped you out some.

That's too funny about the toothpicks too! You should put a box in his stocking for him. ;-)LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails