Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Bad day.

I had a bad day today. First I learned the outcome of the election when I got up this morning. Then I went to work. Today was my first day actually doing transcription and I had to sit in that really uncomfortable chair and try to type. The desk is a board attached to the wall and is not adjustable and not wide enough for the PC, the keyboard and my gel wrist rest so even though I took it I couldn't use it. The result was that after 4 hours of typing I was in PAIN. Arm pain. Shoulder pain. Back pain. Leg pain. I'm not sure how or if I can continue. Also, the computer system that they use is horrible. For some reason, it just has random keys for functions, like the right arrow key is to enter a document and F12 is to exit it. (???) Who thought this up? There's not a very good spell checker and no word expander. I realize it's only the first day of typing. I AM planning to go back tomorrow. I just thought a lot today about my old job, the one I quit technically last Sunday, but they haven't removed their program for my computer ...

The kids are very much not happy with me working. The youngest was sad about it from the beginning and he really doesn't like it now. Both of the older 2 said today "I really don't like your new job." The only thing they like about is my cool stretchy nametag holder. They hate me being gone and coming home dead tired.

Maybe this was a mistake?

3 comments:

Sherri said...

I'm so sorry that it didn't go well...the election and your new work day :(!!

Donna said...

I hope things work out beter for you today at work! I feel acky just reading your post - It sure must be hard to type when everything is hurting.
Maybe you could switch back to your old job if things don't work out.....
Good Luck : )

Freakmom said...

I'm the wrong one to ask tonight. Work sucks.

I hope tomorrow is better! ((hugs))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails