Saturday, June 21, 2014

This and that and a wedding.

We went to a wedding last night.  It was a cute couple and a cute wedding.  The food was excellent and we had a good time there, surprisingly, because I'm not usually a fan of weddings.  After we got home, I did some art journaling (of course) and when I was ready to get up out of my seat, Max was in the way, so my daughter picked him up and moved him onto the bean bag chair with her.  He looks shocked, here, post move, like "what just happened?"  He's a funny thing anyway. 


 
I don't have any pictures of the wedding, we forgot to take any photo devices except my phone and I don't have the cord to connect that to anything to blog with those pictures and it's not a smartphone, so it doesn't even do internet.  We did use it to snap some pictures of the sunset, which was spectacular, while we were driving home.  as

These 2 art journal pages, in Spanish, were a request of one of the women who work in the facility Mom is in and I can't wait to give them to her.  I hope my Spanish is okay.  I have no idea.  :-)  

I'm not sure when I am going to go back there.  I went day before yesterday and if Mom were home or nearby, I'd go visit again today, basically every other day, but with her current location being almost an hour away and gas prices being what they are, I am having to cut down to 2 days a week.  this is difficult.  I am still trying to get my footing, find out how to deal with my new routine.  A lot of things have changed recently, my job, my husband's job, my son being home and his job, the homeschoolers being out of school (and not doing housework, which is going to have to change soon), mom's new facility, etc. and I can't figure out what day to go to the grocery and the library, when to clean, when to do laundry, I can't get a new routine started ... and so everything's just kind of a mess around here.   Soon, we need to start our summer decluttering and cleaning projects, but for now, we are just trying to feel the new rhythm and get going in it.  It's kind of disorienting, when so many changes happen around the same time. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails