Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Garden, mom update and friends.

So my father in law has a greenhouse and sells plants.  This is the time of year when he's ready to shut that part of his business down and he gave me a ton of plants that he was going to throw away because they didn't sell.  Today, while I was visiting my mom, the kids put the plants in the ground for me.  I'm so excited, all these nice veggies and flowers in the backyard now!  I'll take pictures tomorrow when it's light out.  I went this afternoon, got my aunt, went down to visit mom and then took my aunt back home, so I was gone quite a while.  We had a pretty good visit with Mom.  She's not completely happy and relaxed there but she has only been there for 6 weeks.  She's still not sure where she is.  Part of me feels like she should be home in her own home, but I know that we could not afford to stay with her all the time.  I've done the math a million times.  Also, there's no guarantee, with this darn disease of Alzheimer's, that she would know where she was at home.  I do think she would be better in that sense, but she would still worry constantly about whether she had enough groceries or money, which are the two main things that stress her out.  There's just no happy solution with this disease, but the place where she is, they do care for her, they are trying to get to know her and her likes and dislikes and they are trying to help her make friends.  I think it might be the very best we can do.  :-(

We get to see some of our peeps tomorrow so another thing to be happy about.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails