Thursday, June 26, 2014

Finally.

Last week, the plants.
It rained and I think our poor rescued plants look better.

Last week ...
This week.


The object on which my daughter cut her foot, necessitating the tetanus shot.  I have no idea what this is, something my husband uses when he grills with charcoal.  I had to describe it about 3 times yesterday. 


We finally got the tetanus shot done yesterday.  Apparently, if it's been more than 5 years, but less than 10 and you have an injury, you have to get one within 48 hours of the injury. I had called the pediatrician's office on Tuesday and they said to come in before 5 for the injection, but my daughter did not get home from babysitting before 5.  So when she finally got home, I called the more local family medical center with evening hours and asked them if they could see her.  They could see her at 12:45 on Wednesday.  So I scheduled that. Then, on Wednesday, about 11:50, I downloaded a 12 minute transcription job by a foreign born dictator that was very, very, very difficult. (Can't return these, it's against company policy).  I finally got finished typing it at 12:45, so we missed the appointment.  I called them to try and reschedule, but they had nothing available.  I called the pediatrician's office and they said to come in between 1 and 5 and they would do it as a walk-in.  So we get there and apparently, they felt, on third thought (after 2 conversations with them by phone) that my daughter needed to be seen by a pediatrician.  So we waited and waited, and waited, and waited.  We got a little silly, the two of us, in an exam room with nothing but the wall mural and an ABC book to entertain us.  We both felt a little old.  :-P.  Finally, a very nice pediatrician we did not know came in and examined the cut on her foot and ordered the shot and after another long wait, the nurse came in to give it.  We waited a few minutes to see if my daughter would pass out ... then finally, at long last, came home.  My plan was to get my aunt and take her to see my mom, but when I called her, she had just gotten home from seeing mom .. her brother had taken her.  I decided to rest a few minutes and then decide whether to go on my own or wait until today and then a nap called my name and I answered and took such a fabulous nap that I didn't even hear the phone ringing.

So, today, I'm going to work, take care of about a million little details of things that need to be taken care of and go see mom.  Whew.  It's been kind of a frustrating week.  




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails