Tuesday, February 05, 2013

We started the 4H classes last night.

We love 4H.  It is a great resource for homeschoolers.  Last night was the first meeting of the needlework club.  It was held at a fabric artist's shop and it was very interesting.  The parents get to learn as much as the kids do.  We saw weaving at a loom and got to try it if we wanted to.  We saw a demonstration of spinning.  We learned about knitting, crocheting, embroidery, felting, the history of weaving, and a lot about native Americans because the person who runs the shop is also a cultural anthropologist with an emphasis on native American culture.  It was very cool.

 My kids signed up for 4 classes this 4H season; needleworking, cooking, small engines and electricity.   We have 2 meetings this week and I just looked and it looks like we are going to have all kinds of logistical problems getting to these meetings while sharing a car.  :-(   Blah.  I may have to drop kids off at friend's houses or something.  I'm not sure.  I'm not fond of borrowing my mom's care because it kind of makes her nervous when she's home alone without a car. 

Sigh.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails