Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Droll comment.

Yesterday, we went to the library as we often do when we are in town.  It's one of our favorite hangout places.  As we came through the door, my youngest son pointed at the water fountain, made some kind of a noise and headed that way.   I said "I guess he means he's going to get a drink of water."  My daughter said "He's speaking troll".  This was a literary reference to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.  How clever!  My son has learned a new language!  Actually I think he's known this one for most of his life.  It's commonly used by toddlers and teenage boys.. 


"Anyone can speak Troll. All you have to do is point and grunt.”

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
It's funny when you read as many books as we do together how the literary references are almost a constant thingIt's good to laugh.  I'm missing my oldest this week as he was supposed to come home but didn't get to.  :-(.    

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails