Friday, February 15, 2013

Funny stuff I do.

When I'm working I have to do something to keep it from being overwhelmingly mind-numbingly boring.  Sometimes I play The Sims 2 while I'm working.  Sometimes I turn on a photo screen saver on one of the kid's computers which are adjacent to mine (one on either side).  Sometimes I set hourly goals and keep up with my lines exactly each hour, like keeping score.  Other times I will type for 4 or 5 hours without once checking to see how many lines I have, and then surprise myself with the total.  This way, I'm afraid to take too many breaks because I don't know if I'm behind in my lines and I don't want to be typing all night long!  Today, I doing the hourly goal thingy and right on track to get finished at 3:00 p.m.  It's weird what we have to do do motivate ourselves sometimes.  I've been reading a lot about mindfulness and habits and I am hoping to change some of my bad habits for good ones this year.

A funny from work yesterday.  The doctor stated that the patient had problems with discoordination, meaning that she was uncoordinated.  the spellcheck didn't recognize this word and suggested this sentence:
"The patient is having problems with disco ordination."  That's kind of a funny mental picture isn't it?  Someone who is ordained in disco.  :-)

1 comment:

:)De said...

funny. I like some of you mind exercises. Helps to keep the monotony away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails