Saturday, February 23, 2013

Reading, reading and reading.

My husband is at work today.  The kids and I are stuck at home without a car.   My work account ran out of jobs for me to type a couple of hours ago and now we are all reading, reading, reading.  My son is listening to an audiobook, one of the Percy Jackson books.  My daughter is reading the Animorphs, book after book and I am reading a nonfiction book about the Fundamental Latter Day Saints.  This is the 3rd one I have read.  Maybe the fourth?   I find that I really enjoy nonfiction stories about people's real lives and I wonder why I don't do more library shopping in the biography section?  It's a really pretty day here, though a bit chilly.  My kids have adapted to the winter/spring temperatures by wearing summer shoes like flip flops, with socks.  Hey, it's a look.  :-)  They both have spent some of their reading time outdoors.  Since my son has the audiobook on his MP3 player, he's free to walk around and get some exercise and hit things with sticks while he 'reads'.  My daughter has been in her hammock.  I did the traditional sit in a chair and read method, but really I should get an MP3 player like my son's and start walking more. 

1 comment:

Freakmom said...

I know you weren't asking for book recommendations, but I recently read "The First Ladies" by Margaret Truman (Harry's daughter and mystery writer) and really enjoyed the behind the scenes look at the White House and presidential families. You might like it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails