Monday, February 25, 2013

Thoughts on homeschooling.

Last Friday night went better, with the kids getting done earlier than they have been.  Since I gave them control of their schedules - basically a checklist that has to be done between Monday and Friday, they take it easy on Monday and Tuesday, do a little bit on Wednesday, then Thursday do some more and then Friday, hit it hard and finish it up.  I can understand the urge to do this and it took me a long, long time to get past this myself, with my work.  But I guess if it works for them I'll let them continue.  I won't let them whine about it on Friday though.  Hey, you chose to procrastinate, don't grouch at me, it's not my fault - is my response.  So despite knowing that they will take it pretty easy today, they started whining last night about it.  "Aw, tomorrow's Monday, we have to do school!".  Poor babies.  I told them if they wanted to continue whining, I would wake them up at 6:00 a.m. and put them on the bus to the public school where they won't have any control over their schedules.  They shut up pretty quickly.  :-P

News from the boy of ours who is in college, his second trimester grades were A, B and B.  So far, he's made 2 As and 4 Bs.  It makes a homeschooling mom proud.  :-) 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails