Wednesday, February 06, 2013

I really

don't have that much to say about today.  I got up and typed and got my lines done pretty early.  My family has gone to my in-laws to look at the puppies and hopefully not bring one home.  My husband and the kids want one and I don't and it seems like my vote doesn't count for anything, because they are making plans regardless, as soon as the puppies are weaned.  Guess who does 90% of the taking to the vet?  I'll give you a hint, it's not any of them.  We already have 5 pets and we are responsible also for my mom's dog and taking her to the vet as well. 

Anyway, we did have something happen today that I have wanted for a long time.  A scrap metal place came and took away our old van, which had been serving as a very unattractive yard decoration for a couple of years since we stopped driving it and then it subsequently died.   I am so, so glad it's gone.  It will make parking so much easier and makes the yard look so much better.  Please,  go ahead and run all those redneck jokes through your mind ... you might be a redneck if you mow your yard and find a car.  It wasn't actually in the yard, but in the driveway, and was never up on concrete blocks and there is no sofa on the front porch, so there.  :-P

School is going fine.  The kids are vying for more time on my Nook yesterday and they wanted to be free this afternoon to go see the puppies, so they have gotten a lot done already this week.  Hopefully, this Friday won't be too bad.  My youngest son though, he does so want to be able to burn the candle at both ends, sleep from, say 2:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and just jump up and go, but his body is rebelling.  I told him the wise saying that is on my mom's fridge, "You can't soar with the eagles in the morning if you hoot with the owls all night".  but he pretty much ignored me.  I'd say that is probably a normal 14-year-old boy response.  (Can you all believe that he's 14?  When I started this blog, he was 6!)

Tomorrow is my day for volunteering and I so don't want to miss it, but the 4H cooking class is also at the same time and my daughter so doesn't want to miss that, so I may go in early and do my volunteering and then come home and take her.  That's the only way I can think of for both of us to get to do what we want to do. The logistics of only having 1 car are not fun.   Still I know we are spoiled as far as world poverty goes.  What percentage of the world's population even own 1 good car?

My oldest son is fine in Mississippi.  He has some possibilities for work-study and he is applying for every scholarship that he possibly can so that he can go again next year.  He probably will also need to get a summer job here.  We'll see I guess.  It really annoys me that he spent money on his car and it stopped working after 4 days of his ownership.  That's not fair! 

That's it from here.  Random thoughts from a homeschooling mom.  



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails