Sunday, February 19, 2012

We went

and picked our girl up today.  She had a good time but is really tired.  She's used to sleeping late and I don't think she did much sleeping, period, the whole weekend.  :-)   I was a little worried about today's weather when I dropped her off Friday, because they were predicting snow for this morning but nothing happened.  Now the forecast is for snow and rain mixed this afternoon.  I guess we'll see if we get any snow.   I feel kind of doubtful about it. 

In other news, my husband started his new work schedule today.  Day shift.  This is the only the second time that he's been on day shift the whole time we've been married so this is going to be interesting having him home in the evenings.  I hope we adjust well   The kids and I will have to change when we sleep as well, so as not to disturb him (juggling teens at 1:00 a.m. will probably be really frowned on by someone who has to get up at 5:00 a.m.) and consequently we will probably get up earlier.   We'll be able to finally get the bedroom painted and the closet reorganized, because he won't be sleeping in there during the day.  I'm going to move my office in there since now I won't have to worry about sneezing and waking him up.  It's just going to be so weird.

1 comment:

April said...

Good luck with the sleep thing..,,We are still working on that one. My husband always works 7-7, 3 shifts on, then 3 off...BUT, week one is 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., then week two is 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. So, he rotates days and nights.
The older we get, the older this swing shift thing is getting. We keep "normal" hours when he works days. When he works nights, we are night owls and sleep till noon or later, (but don't go to sleep until 3 a.m) But, if we didn't, we would never see him, and we would make noise and wake him up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails