Friday, February 10, 2012

Sleep!?

My youngest son has been trying to burn the candle at both ends, staying up late at night as usual and then setting his alarm for 6:00 a.m. to get up and do his school work before his sister.  Yesterday, he did it, got up, did some of his school work and then played with Yugioh cards and listened to an audio book and procrastinated about his math all day and then finally fell asleep at 8:00 p.m. and didn't get his math done.  He's got to get his math finished today or else, no privileges this weekend.  I have no doubt that he will do it when he gets through sleeping off his sleep deprivation today.  I've told him that teens need their sleep and he should just sleep and not mess with his sleep schedule but he does not listen to me because he is male. :-P

I have a different sleep issue going on.  I went to a pain clinic to try and see if they could help me figure out the left lower quandrant abdominal pain that I've had since last May.  They have diagnosed interstitial cystitis and wrote me 5 prescriptions.   Two of the prescriptions I did not get filled because together they would have cost approximately 500 dollars per month and the other 3, totaling 30 dollars I did fill.  The only problem is one is a muscle relaxer and 1 is an antihistamine and they both cause drowsiness and I have had a very, very difficult time getting out of bed in the morning.  I just want to sleep and I feel kind of dopey.

It reminds me of the time when my son had his tonsils out and the nurse told him that when he woke up he would feel like 3 of the 7 dwarves at the same time, sleepy, grumpy and dopey.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails