Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Okay, I chose something.

I  looked all over the place and finally ended up at Cathy Duffy's Homeschool Review web site, where I probably should have gone in the first place.  I found something that is a workbook, that is suitable for independent study, that is reasonably priced and has good reviews.  Here it is on Amazon.  I hope it's good.  I hope it doesn't make my daughter feel frustrated and I hope it helps her learn to write more confidently.  We shall see, I suppose.  I've also run out of French resources on the internet that we can use with our slow, slow, slow internet connection although there are literally millions of things I could use if I had a decent internet connection, so I'm going to get something at the library today for her to work with.  For her guitar, she is tired of the DVD we were using last year so I'm thinking of putting her into lessons.  I have been given a name of a guitar teacher who only charges 5 dollars per half hour instead of 15 as is the norm around here so I am going to work my courage up and call her.  (I don't like calling people on the phone, have I mentioned that?!

In other news today is my oldest son's 19th birthday.   I don't know if we'll celebrate much today or wait until the weekend.  He's requested homemade gluten free pizza instead of cake and I'm going to make that for him, but the rest of the family will also bake and eat a cake in his honor.  He doesn't particularly like cake, but we definitely do.  :-)



2 comments:

Donna said...

Happy 19th Birthday to your son!
Honestly I can't belive you have a 19 year old you look not much older than that youself : )
Hope your daughter gets good use out of your new workbook.
Donna
http://homeschoolingsunnyflorida.blogspot.com/

:)De said...

Happy belated birthday to your 19 year old! Wow! Where has the time gone? 19?!?!? How does that happen. LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails