Thursday, September 15, 2011

The future of schooling.

According to this article homeschooling in my state is growing at a rate of 24% per year, but still is only 1% of the population.   It seems like I never used to hear about it at all and now I hear about it a lot.   I hope that the trend continues because I think that homeschooling is just so good for kids.  This is backed up by research.  Here's a really good article.   In the future, I think/hope more people, kids and adults, will be taking their classes at home.  With the technology that we currently have, it's possible and there could be so many benefits from this.  Kids would benefit from spending more time with their parents and vice versa.  The big old school buses that use so much gasoline could be parked so it would be good for the environment.  Wouldn't it be funny to be sitting with our great grandchildren and telling them that kids used to go to big old buildings away from their families every day and have the great grandchildren think this was so strange.  :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this blog!! I tole my son I would home school his kids and he said, "I may take you up on that offer!!!
I love homeschooling!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails