Monday, September 05, 2011

Labor Day.

It's Labor Day in the United States today.  We don't really celebrate it at our house.  I always just go ahead and work on the minor holidays.  I don't get paid if I don't work and we don't usually have anything planned on days like this.  We are kind of anti-crowd and since everyone else is doing things this Monday, we'd rather do something at an off time which is something we can do because we homeschool. That way, we can have the place to ourselves.  A couple of years ago, we went to a local lake on Labor Day evening and stayed until the next morning, on the Tuesday and totally had the beach to ourselves.  We also pretty much had the lodge to ourselves, including the game room and the restaurant.  It was really wonderful.

So for today, we're going to do work and school.  We might do a notebook page on the history of Labor Day.  I really have no idea how it got started, so it might be educational to me as well.   It's looking really a lot like fall around here lately, the skies are gray, it's raining and leaves are falling.  It's also kind of cool.  The temperature this morning was 63.  It kind of makes me start craving fall foods and fall experiences and it has definitely started my youngest son thinking about Christmas.  Now that seems a little soon to me!  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails