Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Trying to Savor the Season. A little bit.

I enjoyed seeing my friends yesterday and my mom's nurse practitioner gave me some good suggestions for changing mom's medications without adding any, but just changing when they are given, that might help.  Also, when I picked mom up, she was sitting in the cafeteria happily chatting with some other ladies and when I left she was chatting them again in the hall, and she did not seem anxious.  That helped me a ton.

Amidst all the things we need to get done this season, I am trying to savor the season whenever I get a minute.  I got some peppermint bark and gingerbread creamers for my coffee.  We've been watching Christmas movies whenever we can, Elf, Home Alone 1 and 2, While You Were Sleeping, How The Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon version) and the Charlie Brown Christmas.  We've been spending time with others, including the nice little break in the day yesterday with our precious wonderful homeschool group.  We're trying to be somewhat mindful of the season, playing a lot of Christmas music and making sure to turn the tree on, hiding candy on the tree and moving it around for others to find, changing the Advent calendar every day to count down the days until Christmas.   My youngest son also made me a Christmas music playlist for my computer and I have found that if I turn the volume way down on the music, I can hear my transcription and also hear the music in the background, which I enjoy. 

I guess I'd better get back to work.

Have a great day everyone.  






1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh, I love all those movies you listed. I just watched 'While You Were Sleeping' the other day. ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails