Saturday, December 14, 2013

Christmas-y Celebrations.

I got up feeling pretty lousy and pretty sorry for myself this morning.  I admit it.  There would have been whining if there had been anyone to whine to.  I felt physically awful and just didn't know how I was going to put on a happy face and go to the 3 extra-work-ular events I had today, but I got ready and went to the first one.  My Sunday school class had our annual lunch at Cracker Barrel.  It was nice.  I got to talk to some really sweet people and have a nice lunch and I feel better.  Now I am back and working and this evening I will take the kids to a birthday party and then head out for dinner again, this time with some old friends, which is always nice, so hopefully I will be able to relax and enjoy myself this Christmas season and not be thinking about the bazillion things I need to do and decisions to make and how different this Christmas is than how I would want it to be and just enjoy it for what it is.

Last night's rush was not as bad but as my son says "Even though I am doing better this week, that's not the same as saying I'm doing good." and he didn't do as well as I would hope, so this week I am going to demand better.  We'll see.  If not, there will be grounding.  At Christmas time.  I'm mean and unrepentant.  :-P  Santa doesn't visit me anyway.  :-)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails