Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Spoke too soon.

I spoke too soon about Mom doing better at the assisted living facility.  She has a lot of anxiety and apparently has been calling everyone but me.  Last night, we were going to play UpWords but she was too anxious really to play.   I'm going to call her doctor this morning and see if we can get her an anti-anxiety medication, at least for a while.  Meanwhile, lots of prayers and warm thoughts would be appreciated.

In homeschooling news, I've decided that if they are not finished with school by 10:00 p.m. on Friday, which is EXTREMELY generous, they are grounded for the whole weekend and also I am requiring a certain number of subjects every day to hopefully cut down on this procrastination which I realize has gotten ridiculous.  I've been distracted and they have been taking advantage. 

There's a part of me that so wishes that I had been homeschooled as they are so I could have had the time to read as many books as they get to, because that's pretty much what they do when they are procrastinating.  :-) 

In other news, it's snowing today, which is exciting after all the ice!  It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails