Sunday, December 01, 2013

Just one day at a time.

I am trying to get through this busy and stressful time one day at a time.  My mom is more forgetful at the assisted living facility and she wants to come home.  She kept asking me about it last night and I kept saying we'd try it for the winter.  I had to go by her house last night and get a bunch of things.  It's not fun.  I find that at her house I miss mom and also I miss Tinker, her dog, who is now living with my cousin.  If you had asked me a couple of weeks ago if I had any particular attachment to Tinker, I would have said no, but as it turns out, I miss her. 

So anyway, today we have a baby shower that I am helping with and church.  I will go get mom for church and ask for someone else to take her home.  Her brother has offered to help out so if he is there today, I'll ask him.  Last night I went to Walmart for the cupcakes and punch ingredients and came home feeling awful, all my joints hurting, so we'll see how I feel later.  Probably not good.  :-(   And tomorrow is supposed to be the homeschool mom shopping day.  We'll see. 

Today my son goes back to college for 3 more weeks and then comes back home for Christmas break.  Doesn't Christmas seem like it is barreling down on us now?  25 days if you count today and Christmas.  Eeek.  Of course I haven't started my shopping, my mother-in-law's shopping or my mom's shopping, which I will add onto my workload, on top of the housework, cooking, medical transcription and editing and taking care of mom. 

I feel a little grinchiness coming on. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails