Monday, January 21, 2008

I did it.

I cleaned out the closet at last. It took less than an hour. Really all I had to do was get in there and move things around a bit. I bought a new shelving unit a few weeks ago and I got that in and made room for the Christmas tree and all the decorations. I'm glad it's finally done. The rest of the day Sunday, I spent resting and relaxing, watching TV, reading, etc. I always feel guilty when I do that, take a complete day and not do much of anything. I only do it once every now and then.

Today, I think we're going to take the day off for MLK day. We watched the DVD The 1940s house over the weekend and didn't count the hours we spent listening to The Night Flyers last week (because we listened to it at bedtime) so we might count it as a school day anyway. The DVD and the audio book together were about 6 hours. The Night Flyers is about WW1 and the 1940s house is very educational about the sacrifices made during WW2, so a lot of learning was going on.

I don't know. We may do an art day today. The younger 2 kids have been begging for that. I'll think about it.

2 comments:

The Old Gray Mare said...

Good for you! I try to just close my eyes when I go into my closet, just reach blindly for a sweatshirt and get out. LOL

A Bishops Wife said...

I cleaned three out about two months ago. I dread doing it but am always surprised that it does not take as long as I thought it would.

WWII is great learning.
My kids want art too. I would like a good paper mache project. Got any ideas?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails