Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Our First Homeschool Summer.

This is our first summer as homeschoolers. Last year, I spent the entire summer trying to decide if it was the right thing to do, to homeschool our oldest instead of sending him to middle school. Now that the year has passed, I am convinced it was a good choice. With the other two kids the decision making process was much quicker. We had a month of homeschooling the oldest under our belts and the public school was beginning to drive us crazy, by giving my daughter 3 hours of homework a night that she didn't know how to do, among other things. She said that the teacher's aide couldn't explain how to do it because she wasn't the teacher and the teacher didn't have time, so the kids lost out.

I can't believe how much I have changed in this year. I am now such a pro-homeschool person, its funny. Right now we're sneaking in a little bit of school by reading Swiss Family Robinson at night before bed. The kids beg for 1 more chapter.

1 comment:

Lone Ranger said...

I have nothing but admiration for home-schoolers. When a housewife can educate her kids around the kitchen table to the 96th percentile, you know our public schools are broken.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails