Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Boss of the TV.

Last night my 7-year-old came running to me, pointed at my 8-year-old and said "who told her she's the boss of the TV?" I thought it was funny since it seems to me that in most households the big boys usually take control of the remotes. Thank goodness for our "kid of the day" system because the dispute was resolved without me really having to do anything except ask "Who's the kid of the day?" She was, so she got to be the boss of the TV which meant she got to pick a movie to watch during our weekly hair combing-out session. I hope she can work out some sort of similar system when she grows up and gets married. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does "Kid of the Day" only apply to good things, or is that the kid you will invite to help with chores they don't normally do?

Fatcat said...

It is supposed to work that way too, but only occasionally do we use it for that. Mostly, it just helps us settle disputes over who chooses and who goes first. The kid of the day goes first, the kid of the day for tomorrow goes second.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails