Monday, December 29, 2014

The recovery process.

Holidays can be wonderful, but holidays can be stressful.  This one was okay, stress-wise.  Last year was the one where I had to let go of having Christmas in my mom's house on Christmas eve because last year was the first time she wasn't living at home.   This year, I was more used to the idea.  I still don't like it, but I know that she just can't live at home and at least now she is in a very nice place and is not miserable like she was last Christmas.  One of the workers where she is now asked me one time how I was and I said "It depends on how mom is." and it's true.  She's happier this year, so I'm happier this year.  We had a lot of trouble getting together with mom and my brother, because if we bring her out to my house, someone is in the car for 4 hours, going to get her and taking her back and she gets very stressed when she has to leave and go back.  Luckily we were able to get the activities room at her center for a small party and we were able to time it around everyone else's celebrations to some degree.  It took a lot of calling and maneuvering to get it between my husband's family, my brother's girlfriend's ex-husband's family (I'm not kidding!) and my brother's girlfriend's celebration with her kids, but it worked out.  It was a little rushed.  I had to get up at 5:30 and work, then have our small Christmas celebration at home, then go to my brother-in-law's house for breakfast and celebrating, then rush off to mom's center for that celebration, then home, more work and then I fell into bed about 8:00 p.m.  I tell you, it's kind of funny how the family celebrations are like dominoes, one family has to change their regular time and all the other parties have to shift to try and match it.  Maybe it's more like a puzzle, or to be more poetic, a beautiful mosaic of family celebrations, interlinked ... no that's back to a puzzle, isn't it?  Oh well.

  The gift I'm proudest of this year is this photo blanket I ordered for my mom. My daughter picked out the pictures and my mom loved it.
Now it's all over but the washing of the (many) dishes and the cleaning of the house!  It's pretty much a wreck!  I'd show you pictures of that, but I am ashamed.  :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails