Friday, July 15, 2011

Testing.

In Kentucky, we are not required to do any standardized testing, but a lot of us choose to test, at least occasionally.  I can see that my kids are progressing, but every now and then I like to use some kind of assessment, just to make sure.  The state of Texas releases their previous year's achievement tests for free online at this site and I have used those.  There are also some tests that you can order.  http://www.bjupress.com/testing/stanford.php, http://www.bjupress.com/testing/iowa.php, http://www.setontesting.com/.  Homeschoolers can take the SAT test and the ACT test.   Homeschooled students can also take the Clep tests, AP tests and Dantes Tests and get college credit before they are even college aged.

 I was just looking at my past posts on my blog and realized that there are 2 S's in my alphabet ... now everyone is going to wonder if I am qualified to teach anyone anything ... LoL.  

1 comment:

Joe said...

I really enjoy your Blog and have for some time. I appreciate the care & concern you show for teachers & parents. I am very impressed with your understanding of the importance of teaching tools and how you share them on your Blog. My partners & I have developed a fun, simple, & effective way to teach kids their Multiplication table. It is called Multi-Facts, and it is derived from the popular Sudoku puzzles. We have recently launched an iPad & iPhone app to compliment our website & of course our very popular Multi-Facts book. Multi-Facts was created by an award winning math teacher in California. Multi-Facts puzzles stimulate both sides of the brain by challenging each student to think vertically & horizontally. We understand that knowing your multiplication factors is the foundation of every math concentration from fractions to Calculus and that is why people are so excited about Multi-Facts. We feel that teachers & parents who follow your blog would benefit from hearing about Multi-Facts and we hope that you choose to blog about it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails