Monday, July 25, 2011

Last full week of July.

This is the last full week of vacation for the public schooled kids in this area.  They do a "year round" school schedule with more time off at fall break, spring break and winter break (also known as Christmas break), so they start very early in August.  We do not follow their schedule exactly, preferring to take only 1 week in the fall and 1 week in the spring (maybe) and start later, savoring a couple of extra weeks of summer.  I still haven't written the kid's fall schedule and I have not decided what we're going to be doing.  I usually pull things together at the last minute but since I can change them throughout the year when I need to, it's fine.  The kids are used to my constant tweaking of the schedule and just go with it.  As for the oldest, who won't be homeschooled this year, he's got plans to try and get a job and then start home-college through, probably, Penn Foster.   None of those plans are concrete at this time either.  We're kind of just taking things as they come right now.  It might have something to do with everything breaking and having to be fixed, the kitchen sink (for which we had to call a plumber), my husband's car and now my car ...   We are meeting some goals this year though. I have spring cleaned, exercised for 2 hours pretty much every day in July and finally, finished my book on how to go gluten free (for about the 10th time, but this time, I actually did approve it to be published, so it's finished-finished this time!).  I really do need to take some time, sit down and decide what we are doing this coming year though.  Maybe next week.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails