Thursday, July 28, 2011

Break time!

We've been watching old seasons of The Amazing Race from Netflix and sometimes they have a mandatory 12 hour rest.  My daughter commented that it is a good thing it is mandatory or no one would do it, they would just keep pushing themselves.  Well yesterday, some of the people in my house kind of hit a wall.  Three days of getting up 2 hours earlier than usual (for the kids) and all the exercise and going, going, going kind of hit us.  A friend emailed to let us know that they weren't going to be at the pool last night and at that point, we were relieved, and not disappointed and I could really tell we needed a break, so I cancelled chores, declared a no-mandatory-exercise day and gave everyone a couple extra hours of screen time.  We were tired so we watched a movie, got in the pool just to float, not swim laps, and generally took the day off. Sometimes you just really need that. 

1 comment:

:)De said...

That is 1 of my favorites parts of being home with my kids... Sometimes we just need a break! Glad you guys could take a day to just relax.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails