Sunday, July 03, 2011

Library.

The public library can be a homeschooler's BFF.  First of all, they have books that they will lend you for free.  I mean how cool is that?  Also they have DVDs, music, audio books, digital downloads and magazines.  At our library, each library card holder can check out 25 items at a time and the late fee for overdue books is 5 cents per day.  If I need a particular book for my curriculum (or just for fun!) and they don't have it, our library will get it for me. Either they will purchase it and let me check it out first, or they will get it on interlibrary loan.   They have summer reading programs, game nights, craft classes, knitting and quilting classes, history lectures and the list goes on and on.   Can you tell I enjoy the library?  For the next two weeks, I'll probably be there twice because they are having 2 different kids programs.The library is the first place I check when I want to read, listen to or watch something. 

2 comments:

Amy said...

Dang....only 5 cents?! Ours has gone up...trying encourage folks to bring them back on time. It used to be .10 per day....now it's .25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ridiculous, I tell you!

:)De said...

I love our library too and there is no late fee, but if you don't return the book 30 days after the due date they send you a "thank you for your purchase" invoice with the cost of the book. LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails