Thursday, December 04, 2008

A few things.

Yesterday we did get school done.  We are still working on microscopic science, but we left both of the science books we've been using and used a few pages from a Klutz book my son got last year for Christmas, it's a science museum in a book or something like that.  Anyway, it had some agar in it to grow bacteria and examples of where to get bacteria from to grow some, so now, instead of mold growing in our kitchen, we've got bacterial cultures from the various places around the house and,  what the kids are most interested in, a bacteria contest to see which is cleaner, mom's mouth or the dog's mouth.  Both Max and I got swabbed yesterday and we'll see who wins, me who brushes and Listerines daily or Mr. Max, who chews on every disgusting thing in the yard. 

We also went to the library and ran some errands yesterday.  Today, we've got skate night, game night and a birthday party at skate night (I love it when outings are combined!).  I may do some Christmas shopping earlier today.  We need to do school, yes, but we can always do it in late May and early June.  I really can't do my Christmas shopping then!!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh, you'll have to let me know how the mouth culture turns out. My kids wanted to send that one in to Myth Busters......which was cleaner...a dog's mouth or person's mouth?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails