Monday, March 03, 2008

One reason why.

Today was a beautiful day, 75 degrees and sunny. The kids could not wait to get outside after breakfast. I let them go. I told them we might finally finish American History later and out they went. They stayed outside most of the day. I read an article the other day about how just plain, old fashioned play is so good for kids and helps develop their brains in very vital ways, so I just let them go and play. About 6:00 p.m., after it started raining, we finally finished American History. The flexibility is one of the main reasons we love homeschooling.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I swear you are my 'soul-sister'. I do the same thing with my kids! ;-) When those days start getting nice & they head outside immediately after breakfast in the mornings.....I can't help but just let them go. Let them be kids while they are still kids!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails