Friday, November 16, 2007

Homemade pumkin pie.


I can't say the pie was from scratch, because we bought the pie crust, but we actually gutted and cut up a pumpkin and made pumpkin puree and then pumpkin pie from it. It was fun. We felt like pioneers. We actually made 2 but one of them was no good. I thought the recipe called for evaporated milk, but it was sweetened condensed milk. We used sweetened condensed in the second pie and it turned out to be very good. Today, I think I might try a sweet potato pie.

It's funny because I was using a receipe, which I don't usually do and my daughter was helping me. She can't stand it if I don't measure exactly. I was putting the pumpkin pie spice in and it spilled into the bowl and I said 'close enough'. She was scandalized! When she measures a teaspoon, it is exactly a teaspoon. Exactly.
She sure didn't get that from me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I applaud your bravery! :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails