Thursday, August 23, 2007

Transitioning back to school.

I can see why the public schools usually take field trips on Friday. If you do Monday or Tuesday or both, like we did this week, it makes it hard to transition back into regular school. Yesterday, we got about half of our lists done. I was really hoping for the whole thing today, but I don't seem to have much energy. I have been sitting with the younger kids for 2-3 hours each afternoon helping them get their work done and I may have to rethink that and assign them work they can do on their own at least one day a week, maybe 2. That will free me up to get more of the housework done because that's really fallen by the wayside in my endless juggling act.

I still can't find the notebooking pages pictures to share. Yesterday, we made a paper model of Jamestown, which we learned was a triangular fort. Then last night my youngest spilled milk on it. We decided it was now a land of milk and honey with milk flowing in the very streets. LoL.

Here's where we got the Jamestown model for free. Homeschool in the Woods.

And here's an online game about Jamestown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One more week of summer vacation...
One more week of summer vacation...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails