Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Fair Report.

We survived 2 days of the Kentucky state fair. It's really something and we're really tired. Mostly our feet. I have a huge blister on my big toe and I think the kids have a few as well. It rained again this morning and it was very wet this afternoon and apparently, I have an unfortunate habit of not looking where I'm going and stepping into puddles. I must have done that at least 4 times. Wet sandals are not very comfortable. Sorry, I was going to give you a report of the fair, but all I can seem to think about is the fact that my feet hurt. Let me just list some of the things we did and things we saw.

Baby chickens hatching.
The inside of a tractor.
Honeybees.
Bees wax candle making.
Leaf rubbings.
A dog show.
An acrobat show. (very good)
The fair shuttles. (My daughter loved riding these).
Rides at Kentucky Kingdom.
Bumper cars.
Cows.
Goats.
Horses.
Fish.
Quilts.
Art.
Woodcarving.
An obstacle course.
A sign that said "Pork Butt on a stick" on a food booth. (I'm not kidding!)
A sign that said "Popcorn on a stick" on another food booth.
The inside of a police car.
The inside of a public transportation bus.
The inside of a military vehicle, I think it is called an M3?
Tons of information booths about health and safety.

Whew.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wet sandals and toe blisters. Sounds like a good time to me. LOL

Just what did you do that led to you seeing the inside of a police car, young lady? Hm?

Fatcat said...

Never you mind!

Anonymous said...

Check out my blog...we went to the KY State Fair on Friday! We were only there 11 - 3, so we didn't get to see near as much as you did, but it was still fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails