Saturday, June 09, 2007

Thinking about the fall.


Yes, summer is here and it's very nice, but the thoughts of homeschool parents are now going toward the fall ... This is the chance to change curriculum, to try something new. Some people are only mildly tempted. They'll stay with what they've used before. But some of us wonder. I wonder if the fun things we've done have been educational enough. My friend wonders if the educational things they've been doing could be more fun.

I've done some switching around this year. I started out with Konos and mid year, switched to unit studies by Christian Cottage, for the geography/countries units. I may switch back to Konos in the fall or do both of them. I may do a relaxed Konos or Christian Cottage unit study this summer (mainly using the concept of strewing. See this post for an explanation.

Other things we've used this year include Alpha Omega Lifepaks (for the oldest child), Mammoth Math, Sequential Spelling, History Scribe, Leapfrog Reading DVDs and Learn to Read Treasure Hunts (which we loved!)

I like looking at products in the homeschool estore, because you can look at the preview and see what the pages look like. They also offer a free product every week to download and I have used a lot of these. That's how I found the Christian Cottage Units that we've been using since January.

Anyway, I'm glad we're homeschooling. I'm not sure what we're doing next year, only that we will not stop homeschooling. It has become a way of life now.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

hehe I actually have everything *planned* (doesn't mean it won't change) for next year already! I am pretty sure I even have all the materials/books we'll need. I will find out for sure once I clean off this years stuff to get the shelves ready for next years.

Henny Penny said...

You hit the nail on the head! Homeschool isn't something you "do". It's a way of life! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Hi FCP--fall? I'm just getting used to spring!
Sounds like a lot of good work up ahead.

Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails