Saturday, July 30, 2005

Feeling The Responsibility Today.

Home*School*Home
I said several times today to the children, "you guys should go outside and play, it is a nice day" or something of that nature and they had been out, a couple of times, but only for a few minutes. Finally, I finished what I was doing in the house and said "Let's go for a walk." and we did. We took all of their bikes and went up and down the street in front of our house for an hour, the kids riding and me walking. We all got some pretty good exercise. I guess my going out too is the key? There are no neighborhood children here to play with.

It is kind of humbling to think about, but if my kids are going to get a decent education, it depends on me. If they are involved in activities or having playdates, it depends on me. My choices at the grocery determine their nutritional status. I've never felt like I'm very dependable, I'm kind of spacey if the truth be told, so this is kind of scary!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ditto.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails