Wednesday, July 13, 2005

A Catalog.

Home*School*Home
At the homeschool meeting the other night, another homeschool mom shared with me a catalog full of homeschool supplies. It is wonderful. There are so many things in there I want. I can sit for hours, looking at it and circling things, just like I was when I was a child, circling things in the Sears Wishbook. So fun! I'm still trying to decide on math curriculum, so I've been looking at that. So many choices. I may just have to open the book and point randomly to one, because I don't know if I'll be able to decide.

3 comments:

Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Circling products in homeschooling catalogs is one of my favorite activities. For math, we use Ray's Arithmetic from Mott's Media. I bought mine cheap on ebay. They're filled with word problems (like real life)and don't have distracting colors and pictures on every page. We also use math drill worksheets once a week from here: http://www.schoolhousetech.com/products/basicfacts/index.htm. For summer we're working through School Zone Math Basics workbooks from Walmart. My workbook-deprived kids think these are great.

Fatcat said...

Circling things in this catalog is much more fun than I would have thought. There is so much cool stuff in it.

I'm thinking of going with the Key To Math with my 2 older kids. My 8-year-old is a bit ahead and my 12-year-old is a bit behind, so they are right about the same level.

I'm still not sure. I'll see if my book (Rainbow Resource Center) has Ray's.

Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

I like the Key to Series, also. I tried Miquon at first but it seemed to make math harder instead of easier.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails