Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Discovery Worksheet

Home*School*Home [BLOGGER PREVIEW]

This is a plan I wrote but have never actually given the kids to do. I may try this later this week when we go to the library. This would be for my 2 older kids who are both kind of reluctant writers. My youngest one, in first grade, would freak out that he had to do all that writing. I wouldn't give it to him. I would ask him for an oral report. He is very uptight about writing. I don't think his fine motor skills are what they should be. Anyway, here it is.


Discovery Worksheet
Today's Date ___________
I want to find out about ________________________

Sources of information.
_________________________________________________
What I discovered.
_________________________________________________
Here's a picture.



The most interesting thing to me was _________________________________________________
Next time, I want to learn about _______________

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your worksheet. My child who is the same age as your youngest, dictates most of her writing to me. I make her write in workbooks (math, handwriting, and language arts), but that is all short answer stuff. I encourage her to dictate paragraphs to me for "writing" assignments, and I print them out on the computer.

Fatcat said...

I'm glad to know that Dini. I feel a little self-conscous about letting him dictate a lot of stuff, but he is so creative and that gets lost if he's lying under the kitchen table crying because he doesn't write well. I think it will come. I think it is a fine motor issue.

Fatcat said...

I'm glad to know that Dini. I feel a little self-conscous about letting him dictate a lot of stuff, but he is so creative and that gets lost if he's lying under the kitchen table crying because he doesn't write well. I think it will come. I think it is a fine motor issue.

Anonymous said...

There are some who believe a child should not be forced to read or write until about the age of 8. No forcing has gone on here regarding reading, but it is a constant struggle not to force the writing. I do insist on doing a daily handwriting lesson, so that they are learning to do it, but the lessons are short, so probably not too painful. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails