Monday, November 09, 2015

It's 45 days till Christmas.

I've had quite an emotional week, with the surgery, with having to wait from Monday to Friday to get the (again benign) results and then with feeling thankful for it.  Also, I found out that it's 45 days until Christmas.  This inspired me to do a 40 day challenge, 40 days of exercise, 40 days of prayer, 40 days of doing a gratitude journal and this challenge 40 bags of stuff decluttered from my house in 40 days. (It's supposed to go along with the season of lent but I'm doing it for advent.)   So far, I'm 2 days in and since there are 5 extra days to play with, I am going to be able to give myself some margin to get it all done.  I am also going to go a little easy on myself with the exercise at first because of the fact that I am recovering from what turned out to be a very invasive, very painful surgery.  I'm thankful to be alive though and so, so very thankful that I don't have to have an even deeper, more painful surgery like I would have had if they had found cancer.  I don't know if I'll be able to get all this done, but I will try.  Even if I got only 20 bags of stuff out of the house and exercised for 20 days, I'd still be pretty happy about it.  Better than not trying, right?

Also, what does this post have to do with homeschooling?  Well, that's where I started, the homeschool cabinet ... one bag gone!

The weather has finally turned cool the last couple of days and has been beautiful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails