Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Remember The Waiting Place?

It's in the Dr. Seuss book "Oh The Places You'll Go".  I'm in it right now.  It's not my favorite.  :-(

I am extremely frustrated with my job right now as it is annoying and depressing (think about typing psychiatric admission notes for children as young as 4!!!) and it seems to pay less every week.   Right now, in my job, I'm waiting for work to come in.  It's so frustrating and I think that my time would be better spent working on cleaning my house and my mom's house.  I have mind boggling amounts of work to do at both places.  Every day I think about quitting or applying for a job elsewhere, but, if I apply for a job someplace else, I'd have to tell them that I will be having surgery on an unknown date in April, so then I'll need 6-8 weeks off ... I don't think that would go well.  So I'm waiting, waiting, waiting.

I'm also waiting for mom's house to sell.  It's been almost 6 months since we reluctantly listed it and it's still there.  :-(

So that's me.  In the waiting place.  Again.

“You can get so confused
that you’ll start in to race
down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace
and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space,
headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.
The Waiting Place…
…for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or a No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.
Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.”

Maybe if I do get a "wig with curls" that would liven things up.  Good old Dr. Seuss.  Thanks for the smile.  :-) 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails